[MarkLogic Dev General] search:search() - show phrase results first

Will Thompson wthompson at jonesmcclure.com
Tue Mar 13 08:46:06 PDT 2012

Danny,

As far as I know, there isn't an out of the box option that allows you to do this, but most of the cts:query functions take weight as a parameter. You could use search:parse() to generate cts:query XML, and then rebuild the query using your own logic to assign new weights, and pass that output to search:resolve().

However, if you are just trying to return the most relevant documents first, I would leave the query alone and rely on MarkLogic's TF-IDF ranking, as Mike has recommended.

-Will