[MarkLogic Dev General] search:search() - treat element's content as unencoded

Danny Sinang d.sinang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 10:40:36 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have an element called "htmlBody" which contains encoded html data.

Problem is, search:search() won't give me a detailed search match path
inside the html data. The match path stops at htmlBody element.

If I unencode the html data, search:search gives me the desired exact match
path like* *this :

*<search:match
path="fn:doc("/assets/2014582732321115110.xml")/asset/assetContent/htmlBody/div[2]/div[1]/p[2]/b">)
*

Is there a way to tell search:search to treat the contents of htmlBody as
unencoded ?

Regards,
Danny
*