[MarkLogic Dev General] Lax validation recursive checking

Will Thompson wthompson at jonesmcclure.com
Wed Mar 14 13:33:59 PDT 2012

It's my understanding of the spec that during lax validation of a document where the root element doesn't have a definition in the schema, it will recursively check children and attempt to validate the ones that are defined. It seems to skip validation for this scenario on my document.

The main schema is no-namespace, but it imports two namespaced schemas. I can successfully validate any individual descendant that has a corresponding definition, but if I start at any ancestor it returns from validation without error (I have a <break-me/>-type element in the schema for testing).

Is there something I could be missing?

Thanks,

Will