[MarkLogic Dev General] Using search:search with basic logic

Steve Adcock sadcock at 42six.com
Wed Mar 14 14:56:55 PDT 2012

Guys,

Trying to figure out the best way to extend a portion of an application
that I'm working on that uses the search:search feature of MarkLogic.
Here's the deal...in MarkLogic, we are storing a bunch of documents, and
each document contains something of a DocType node.  We also have a bunch
of constraint tags that restrict the data coming back, and one of those
constraints does a restriction based on the user that inserted the
document.  So by default, users only see the documents that they inserted.

However, I want to extend this functionality so it maintains its user
restriction, but for a DocType of "XXX", I want to return that as well.  So
basically, return all user documents, AND all XXX DocType documents.

Is there a decent way to add this functionality using constraints?  I'd
rather not issue another query if at all possible.  What's the most
efficient way to do this?

Thanks.

--
Steve Adcock - Software Developer