[MarkLogic Dev General] Advice on improving "join" on attribute performance

Nick Tuckett nick.tuckett at playfish.com
Fri Mar 16 07:16:00 PDT 2012


Many thanks, Mike & Mike, for the swift responses!

I tried your suggestions as follows, but didn't have any joy:

   - Factor out the $x/@localisedtextid constant - this made the query run
   around 35% slower.
   - Replaced //text with the full path to those elements - negligible
   speed difference.
   - Created a range index of the form [string] :text/@:id - negligible
   speed difference.
      - I tried both with a reindex, and reloading the lang_en.xml document.

The index seems to be playing a part, as query tracing shows lines like
this:

2012-03-16 14:12:15.199 Info: App-Services: at 4:54: Comparison contributed
string range value constraint: text/@id = "ElementName144092"

instead of the hash value constraint lines.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://developer.marklogic.com/pipermail/general/attachments/20120316/9875ea12/attachment.html 


More information about the General mailing list