[MarkLogic Dev General] prevent CPF updated doc from getting into CPF

Tim Meagher tim at aaom.net
Sun Mar 18 03:55:04 PDT 2012

Hi Mihir,

I wonder if there is a better way to architect a solution for the content in
your database to avoid this problem altogether.  If A is dependent on B and
B is dependent on A, then perhaps there are some alternate approaches for
dealing with the content so that, for example, A and B both update C, or
perhaps so that the content can be normalized in such a way as to avoid an
infinite loop.

Tim Meagher

> Hi All,
>
> I have a CPF pipeline in which whenever document is created/updated it
enters into intial state and goes through each CPF steps.Now, i wanted to
update the existing content based upon the incoming content.

> e.g if A doc arrives then update A&B doc & when B arrives then update A&B.
>
> this drives me into some infinite loop.e.g A status=created , B
status=updated then B as its staus is updated it enters into pipeline B
status = created , A status=Updated and the loop goes on!!

> is there any way to stop the pipeline updated doc from entering into
pipeline again? i have tried using cpf:document-set-processing-status=done &
cpf:document-set-state=final but its throws error of multiple update
conflict. As i have performred
(node-replace,Set-processing-status,set-state) on B. but if i do
(node-replace,Set-processing-status) then it doesn't throw error but B again
enters into pipeline as active status.