[MarkLogic Dev General] Installing ML Issues

Tom Hubschman tom.hubschman at warriorgateway.org
Mon Mar 19 12:55:52 PDT 2012

Hi all,

     Thanks again for all your previous help. Let me be upfront that I
have hitherto not had to do much Linux installation stuff. Here is the
situation:

   1. I am installing MarkLogic on Red Hat Enterprise 6.2.
   2. I am installing it into an AWS EC2 instance.
   3. I have already installed Tomcat and turned off *iptables *(which I
   was rather proud of) and Tomcat is functioning normally.
   4. I downloaded the *MarkLogic-4.2-9.1.x86_64.rpm* file from the
   MarkLogic site and ran *rpm -i* on it. But I got this error message:

*error: Failed dependencies:*
*        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by MarkLogic-4.2-9.1.x86_64*

What is my next step?

Regards,

Tom

--