[MarkLogic Dev General] search:search - escaping quotes

Majid Valipour majid.valipour at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 21 09:43:44 PDT 2012

Hi,

AFAIK the builtin search parser does not have an escaping mechanism (but it
should!). A more flexible alternative parser can be found here:
https://github.com/mblakele/xqysp

If you choose to ignore  ' and " from user input instead of escaping them,
here are two easy solutions:
 1- Remove ' and " from your query before passing it to search:parse
 2- Add  punctuation-insensitive to your search term options which causes '
" to be ignored. Note: make sure to change the default grammar to use a
different character from " for its quotation operator.

Best regards,
Majid Valipour
Scholars Portal