[MarkLogic Dev General] spell:suggest performance issue

Amit Kumar113 Amit_Kumar113 at infosys.com
Wed Mar 21 23:42:22 PDT 2012

Hi,

We have a service similar to did you mean and we are using the spell:suggest and the spell:suggest-detailed api's for fetching the correct words from a custom spell dictionary. Now if we update the spell dictionary and then fire the query, it takes a long time to return the results for the first hit. Again if we fire the same query the time taken to return back the results is considerably reduced.

Is it related to re-indexing of the spell dictionary every time it is updated or has some other reasons behind it. Can you please suggest some ways which  will help to improve the performance of the first hit.

Thanks,
Amit

Infosys e-mail system.