[MarkLogic Dev General] spell:suggest performance issue

Geert Josten geert.josten at dayon.nl
Wed Mar 21 23:49:59 PDT 2012

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9813226/slow-first-query-after-update-to-spelling-dictionary/9817647#9817647

;-)

*Van:* general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com [mailto:
general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com] *Namens *Amit Kumar113
*Verzonden:* donderdag 22 maart 2012 7:42
*Aan:* general at developer.marklogic.com
*Onderwerp:* [MarkLogic Dev General] spell:suggest performance issue

Hi,

We have a service similar to did you mean and we are using the
spell:suggest and the spell:suggest-detailed api’s for fetching the correct
words from a custom spell dictionary. Now if we update the spell dictionary
and then fire the query, it takes a long time to return the results for the
first hit. Again if we fire the same query the time taken to return back
the results is considerably reduced.

Is it related to re-indexing of the spell dictionary every time it is
updated or has some other reasons behind it. Can you please suggest some
ways which  will help to improve the performance of the first hit.

Thanks,

Amit

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you are not

to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any
other person and

any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken

every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable
for any damage

you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should
carry out your

right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or
from this e-mail

Infosys e-mail system.