[MarkLogic Dev General] Excluding dictionary from searches

Murray, Gregory gregory.murray at ptsem.edu
Fri Mar 23 08:10:15 PDT 2012

Is there a standard or preferred way to exclude dictionary files from searches?

It appears that using the spell API with a given dictionary requires loading the dictionary file into the database itself. I find that when performing searches using the Search API, the dictionary file is being searched and is included in search results. The URI for the dictionary is simply "large-dictionary.xml" whereas all my "real" documents are in a directory structure, so their URIs always start with a slash. Perhaps there's a way to limit the search to documents with a URI that matches a certain regular expression? Or should I use permissions and amps to make the dictionary file unreadable normally but readable when using the spell API? That seems like a lot of trouble. Surely this is a common problem?

Thanks,
Greg

Gregory Murray
Digital Library Application Developer