[MarkLogic Dev General] Suggestion Source case sensitivity

matt.broekhuis at thomsonreuters.com matt.broekhuis at thomsonreuters.com
Fri Mar 23 12:50:17 PDT 2012

I'm using the search:suggest() api call. I have a large amount of constraints, and their affiliated suggestion sources define.

The requirements are such that the constraints should be upper case:

<search:constraint name="Format">
        <search:value type="xs:string">
            <search:element ns="mynamespace" name="itemFormat"/>
        </search:value>
        <search:term-option>case-insensitive</search:term-option>
    </search:constraint>

<search:suggestion-source ref="Format">
        <search:range type="xs:string" facet="true">
            <search:element ns="mynamespace" name="itemFormat"/>
        </search:range>
    </search:suggestion-source>

However, the user will type in

format

with a lower case, and the expectation is that Format: should be suggested. How do I make the suggestion source's case insensitive?