[MarkLogic Dev General] call a wsdl file from marklogic

Darin McBeath ddmcbeath at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 05:11:01 PDT 2012

Not sure I completely understand your question.  But, I believe you are asking how to call a particular operation/method on a web service.  If it is a simple REST service, then this should be straightforward using either xdmp:http-get or xdmp:http-post.  You would have to manually construct the URI and payload that the service expects.  There is no way that I'm aware of for MarkLogic to process a WSDL and automatically make the call for you.  You will need to understand the WSDL (what the service expects, etc.) and manually create the request and process the response.  The payload construction becomes a bit more complicated if the WSDL is defining a SOAP operation (but it is certainly doable).

Darin.