[MarkLogic Dev General] cts.search v cts:search

Michael Blakeley mike at blakeley.com
Tue Mar 3 12:46:20 PST 2015

Just guessing, but it might be pretty difficult to allow searchable expression arguments within a JavaScript evaluation environment. It might mean extending JavaScript syntax, or passing in the searchable expression as a string.

Speaking of strings, one workaround would be to do that bit in XQuery and call the XQuery from JavaScript. You could pass in a string that holds the searchable expression, and use that to build a cts:search expression, then call xdmp:value.

But if that sounds familiar, maybe it's because that's pretty much what search:resolve-nodes already does. You should be able to require() the search API module into your server-side JavaScript code and call it from there.

-- Mike