[MarkLogic Dev General] 404 error on REST timestamp (v7.0-3)

Michael Blakeley mike at blakeley.com
Fri Mar 6 09:23:21 PST 2015

You're sure that the request is going to port 8001, not some other port?

Does the response body have any additional information? What about ErrorLog.txt?

The latest version is 7.0-4.3, and it's probably worth trying an upgrade: http://developer.marklogic.com/products/marklogic-server/7.0 — I don't see a bug fix specific to this problem, but you'll get other bug fixes.

It's possible that this particular server is missing a file, perhaps due to inadvertent removal by a sysadmin. Upgrading should fix that, or you could try removing the old version and then reinstalling it. If the 404 stems from a missing file on the bad server, that ought to fix it. This is safe because an uninstall only affects the install directory: your configuration and forests are stored in data directories, which remain unchanged.

-- Mike