[MarkLogic Dev General] Issue with Registering Resoruce extenion in cluster

Gnanaprakash.Bodireddy at cognizant.com Gnanaprakash.Bodireddy at cognizant.com
Thu Mar 12 02:16:36 PDT 2015

HI Josten/Erik

Our cluster configuration is as below

3 Nodes Cluster  with 1 D-Node and 2 e-Nodes

All the content, modules, services are in D-Node.

We are using D-Node also for now as e-Node.

Using our build we are registering our Rest Resource Extensions on Node-1 where our services exists.

Issue:
Sometime e-Nodes are not showing up the registered resources when I try to see in /v1/config/resources

Using our ELB requests are coming to all of these 3 nodes and only Node 1 is able to serve the request. Rest both e-Nodes are saying resource extension does not exist.

I registered again on both e-Nodes which solved the problem.

Should we forcefully register on all nodes? I believe it's not correct as in cluster all nodes should pick them up automatically.

I want to understand how registration works internally. While registering we use host name (in our case node1), how it works in cluster. Is that something I am missing here?

Regards,
Gnana(GP)

Message: 3