[MarkLogic Dev General] Encryption/Decryption Option in marklogic

Sachdeva, Shikha shikha_sachdeva at optum.com
Mon Mar 16 01:34:22 PDT 2015

Hi,

I’m looking for Marklogic encryption/decryption options for storing some secured data in encrypted form.

I tried creating for a document using hmac-sha256 in xdmp tags like below:

xdmp:document-insert(
       "/example22.txt", text {xdmp:hmac-sha256("SSN","39087xxx")}
      )

Above is working fine but, instead of above query I’ll be using JAVA API to create documents wherein I assume we can use some generic encryption techniques (like javax crypto API..) . But I am looking for some marklogic inbuilt encryption technique which can we used to store any document in encrypted form.

Can someone help me on above.

Thanks,
Shikha