[MarkLogic Dev General] ML8 404 Error

Paul Williams Paul.Williams at flatironssolutions.com
Mon Mar 23 09:55:38 PDT 2015

Thanks David.  So, with those traces on I get...
Info: [Event:id=AppRequest Rewrite] handleEval for rewriter failed
Info: [Event:id=AppRequest RewriteDetails] Rewriter failed - leaving request loop

Is there something I can do to get more info about why the handleEval failed?

I've determined through trial-and-error that if the "anonymous-user" user we use as the default user gets configured with our basic user role ("cms-user"), then the app executes properly showing our landing page for anonymous users.  We had the "anonymous" role defined with a few basic permissions.  But this resulted in the 404 error under ML8 until I added the cms-user role to the anonymous role.  Under ML6, we did not get the 404.

To investigate, I changed the anonymous role to have the exact same roles and permissions as our cms-user role and still get the 404 error until I add the cms-user role.  Which does not make sense, because these 2 roles are now configured identically.  So, it would be nice to see exactly why the handleEval failed.

-- Paul