[MarkLogic Dev General] Suggestions for data masking

Joel Wilson Gunasekaran joelwilson.gunasekaran at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:12:13 PDT 2015

Hi,

Once in a while, we refresh dataset in lower environments with production data for testing purposes.
We have a requirement to mask all pii(personally identifiable information) data like email id, phone number, etc. in lower environments like DEV, QA.

We were thinking about having a one-time script that does the masking, which can be run when we do the data refresh.
In addition to this, we also want a automated process that does this, like either a scheduled task or a trigger, to avoid any sensitive data left unmasked, accidentally.

Can you please let me know if you have had to deal with similar cases and any suggestions?

Thanks
Joel