[MarkLogic Dev General] Suggestions for data masking

Geert Josten Geert.Josten at marklogic.com
Mon Mar 23 23:00:07 PDT 2015

Hi Joel,

I haven¹t dealt with this personally, but could ask around. I guess though
there are numerous ways to go about with this, depending on the exact
needs. The two that come to mind first:

You could create a permanent solution using Flexible Replication, which
builds on top of CPF:
http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/flexrep/rep_intro#id_62963

You could also use MLCP copying feature together with an MLCP transform.

You already mentioned triggers and scheduled tasks, but MLCP will load
faster I think. CPF uses triggers underneath..

Kind regards,
Geert