[MarkLogic Dev General] Converting MS Office documents

Javier Lizarraga jlizarraga at gennet.com
Thu Mar 26 16:50:39 PDT 2015

Hello Developers,

I want to load an MS excel file with filename.xlsx into a MarkLogic database (using ML8).  I want to be able to access the contents of the MS excel document.
I enabled the triggers for the database and installed  and enabled the Content Processing.  I followed the ML document below:
http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/cpf/default#

Loaded:
declareUpdate();
xdmp.documentLoad("C:\\Users\\jlizarraga\\Documents\\UtilizationReport.xlsx",
    {
      "uri" : "/myDoc/UtilizationReport.xlsx",
      "permissions" : xdmp.defaultPermissions()
    })

When I load my UtilizationReport.xlsx file I can see the associated properties in Query Console:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<prop:properties xmlns:prop="http://marklogic.com/xdmp/property">
  <cpf:processing-status xmlns:cpf="http://marklogic.com/cpf">done</cpf:processing-status>
  <cpf:property-hash xmlns:cpf="http://marklogic.com/cpf">d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e</cpf:property-hash>
  <cpf:last-updated xmlns:cpf="http://marklogic.com/cpf">2015-03-26T16:24:16-07:00</cpf:last-updated>
  <cpf:state xmlns:cpf="http://marklogic.com/cpf">http://marklogic.com/states/converted</cpf:state>
  <cpf:self xmlns:cpf="http://marklogic.com/cpf">/myDoc/UtilizationReport.xlsx</cpf:self>
</prop:properties>

It appears to me that it was successful but I do not see any other associated documents besides the UtilizationReport.xlsx file reference.

I was expecting to see:
UtilizationReport.xlsx  (Original Document)
UtilizationReport_xlsx.xml
UtilizationReport_xlsx.xhtml
A Directory called UtilizationReport_xlsx_Parts

I don't see any errors.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Javier