[MarkLogic Dev General] Empty Results

Dave Cassel Dave.Cassel at marklogic.com
Fri Mar 27 05:13:04 PDT 2015

Pragya, you can do that using XSL or recursive descent in XQuery<http://blog.davidcassel.net/2014/01/recursive-descent-in-xquery/>. The typeswitch case would look something like:

case element() return
  let $children := $node/node() ! local:change(.)
  return
    if (fn:exists($children)) then
      element { fn:node-name($node) } {
        $node/@*,
        $children
      }
    else ()
…

--
Dave Cassel
Developer Community Manager

From: <Kapoor>, Pragya <PKapoor1 at innodata.com<mailto:PKapoor1 at innodata.com>>
Date: Friday, March 27, 2015 at 7:53 AM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion <general at developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general at developer.marklogic.com>>
Subject: [MarkLogic Dev General] Empty Results

Hi,

I want to remove the empty result element from the dynamic xml.

For example:

In the below xml, I want to exclude the element(which has no values) The element name are not fixed as this xml is dynamically created.

Exclude the below exlemnt

   <result>
            <Currency/>
        </result>

dynamic.xml:

<report>
    <columns>
        <title>Currency</title>
    </columns>
    <results>
        <result>
            <Currency/>
        </result>
        <result>
            <Currency/>
        </result>
        <result>
            <Currency/>
        </result>
        <result>
            <Currency>Pound sterling</Currency>
        </result>
        <result>
            <Currency/>
        </result>
        <result>
            <Currency>Pound sterling</Currency>
        </result>
    </results>
</report>

Excepted output:

<report>
    <columns>
        <title>Currency</title>
    </columns>
    <results>
​            <Currency>Pound sterling</Currency>
        </result>
        <result>
            <Currency>Pound sterling</Currency>
        </result>
    </results>
</report>

Thanks
Pragya

"This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential , proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful."