[MarkLogic Dev General] REST API allows for downloading of code

Erik Hennum Erik.Hennum at marklogic.com
Sun Mar 29 07:15:34 PDT 2015

Hi, Danny:

My previous suggestion was incorrect.  The rest-extension-user role can read the source code for a resource service.

At present, there's no way to have a user who can execute a resource service but not read the resource service source.

In MarkLogic 8, the closest workaround would be to install a main module with any permissions you choose and invoke the main module.

Erik Hennum