[MarkLogic Dev General] Shutting down initial host causes cluster to stop

Paul Vanderveen pvanderveen at terraxml.com
Wed Jan 6 16:17:29 PST 2016

Bryan and Geert,

Thank you for your info.  I have resumed my efforts trying to get local disk failover to work now since the holiday is over, but I still am having difficulty.  If anyone can shed any light I'd sure appreciate it.

1.      I have created a failover for Security DB as Bryan suggests, but the results are the same. Shutting down the primary shuts down all secondaries

2.      Geert has suggested that I also fail-over the forests for Modules, Triggers, and Schemas

3.      The documentation speaks (in a roundabout way) about App-Services and Meters too....

It is very confusing to know what is the minimum set of "built-in" databases that I need to create a failover for. In my little prototype I have no modules, triggers, or schemas, so I wouldn't think I would need to set these up for failover, but I don't know what MarkLogic is depending on internally.   Then there's App-Services, Meters, Extensions, Fab, Last-Login, etc.  Any idea on what is the minimal set of databases that MarkLogic really needs to have access to in order to run?

It would seem to me that MarkLogic would publish a definitive list these necessary built-in databases so that fail over allows a server to run autonomously.  I would love to see this list included in the local disk clustering and failover set up docs.

Thanks for any help...

Paul Vanderveen