[MarkLogic Dev General] JSON transformation problem

Geert Josten Geert.Josten at marklogic.com
Tue Jan 12 05:44:48 PST 2016

Hi Soumadri Roy,

MarkLogic merely omitted non-significant decimals in the serialized form of the JSON, or maybe your browser is actually doing that. The JSON datatype is Number, which is a double by definition, regardless if the number has a fraction or not. See also for instance:

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/json/json_data_types.htm

Is this giving you trouble somehow?

Kind regards,
Geert