[MarkLogic Dev General] XDMP-CHILDLINK error

Prasanth N V R prasanth.nvr04 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:36:17 PST 2016

Hi,

I have 4000+ nodes in a document. Below is the structure of the document
and loaded under "/test/testDocument.xml".

<rootnode>
    <node>
        <name>a</name>
        <number>1234</name>
        <category>A</name>
    </node>
     <node>
        <name>b</name>
        <number>1234</name>
        <category>B</name>
    </node>
    <node>
        <name>c</name>
        <number>1234</name>
        <category>C</name>
    </node>
:
:
</rootnode>

If a node name matches my input, then I will do a xdmp:node-replace of that.
let $result := cts:search(my search query goes here)
return xdmp:node-replace($result/category,<category>newCategory</category>

When I try to do node replace, am getting error like,
*XDMP-CHILDLINK:* (err:XPTY0004) *Invalid child link node*
fn:doc("/test/testDocument.xml")/rootnode/node[257]

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Prasanth