[MarkLogic Dev General] XDMP-CHILDLINK error

Justin Makeig Justin.Makeig at marklogic.com
Thu Jan 14 13:18:35 PST 2016

Taking a step back from your immediate problem, your document structure looks like you're trying to model many atomic entities in a single document. Generally in MarkLogic, each atomic item should be its own document. This how we've optimized our indexes and I/O. The relational database analog would be that documents map to rows, not tables. In your case, you'd have 4,000+ individual documents, each with <node> root elements. (Even better would be to give a semantically meaningful name to your node elements, for example, "product" or "user".)

If you can provide more detail around what you're trying to accomplish we might be able to provide more/better guidance.

Justin

--
Justin Makeig
Director, Product Management