[MarkLogic Dev General] rebalance enable

Aroul, Pavadai Durai (ELS-CON) AroulP at elsevier.com
Tue Jan 19 22:16:21 PST 2016

Hi All,

I would like to know more about rebalancer enable flag. I am actually in the process of creating a parallel environment by taking a backup in original environment and restore in parallel environment.

When I do this restore, if rebalance enable is set to true, it automatically starts the rebalancing process which has an estimated time of about 30-40 hours. This is also affecting the Marklogic performance.

What is the purpose of this flag? Is it going to hurt anything if I turn off this flag on a permanent basis? I would like to know if there is an impact if I turn off this flag on permanent basis.

ebalancer enable

true    false
Enable automatic rebalancing after configuration changes.

Thanks,
Durai.