[MarkLogic Dev General] Data sync up within ML clusters in different zones

Prakashkumar Patel prakashkumar.patel at tcs.com
Thu Jan 21 02:28:45 PST 2016

Hi Raja,

I doubt flexrep will suffice the requirement.
Here is my understanding. Correct me if I am wrong:
Data set is same in all the 3 data centers. Insert or update can come from any of the 3 data centers. In this case I cant set any of the clusters as Master. If I take another option to replicate data to and fro separated by domain, how can I segregate same document set in three different domains across all the clusters and this means data redundancy to us if we manage to have three  copies of same document. And with three different copies, it adds complexity to search as in which domain to look for for most recent version of document. If I do replicate to and fro between same domain, it could be disruptive and non-reliable option.
Please suggest if we have any alternate option in flexrep for our use case that I am not aware of.

Thanks,
Prakash