[MarkLogic Dev General] A way to detect CPF updates complete?

Dave Cassel Dave.Cassel at marklogic.com
Wed Jan 27 06:06:00 PST 2016

To follow up on Ashley's question: yes, xdmp:document-add-collections() will retain the document's current collections. (Use xdmp:document-set-collections()<http://docs.marklogic.com/xdmp:document-set-collections> to replace the existing ones with new ones.)

That said, I like David Gorbet's idea. Both the collection-based approach and the status property approach suggested by Geert require making sure that all queries respect the difference, while using security to make documents become visible automatically applies to all searches.

--
Dave Cassel<http://davidcassel.net>, @dmcassel<https://twitter.com/dmcassel>
Technical Community Manager