[MarkLogic Dev General] XDMP-RANGEINDEX

Andreas Hubmer andreas.hubmer at ebcont.com
Thu Jan 28 00:51:32 PST 2016

Hi Pragya,

MarkLogic expects a date to be in the xs:date format.
Here is an example: 2011-06-08
Another example with timezone: 2011-06-08+05:00

You can find further information on xs:date and xs:dateTime at
http://www.w3schools.com/xml/schema_dtypes_date.asp

Cheers,
Andreas

> Hi,
>
> I have deleted the element range index from the database and re indexed
> the database, but still I am getting the below error without any line no:
>
> XDMP-RANGEINDEX: Range index error: date
> fn:doc("/misc/DocList.xml")/DocumentList/Document[1]/Date: XDMP-LEXVAL:
> Invalid lexical value "2011&#160;Jun&#160;08"[1.0-ml]
> Moreover, the Date element in "/misc/DocList.xml) is like:
> <Date Year="2011" Month="06" Day="08">
> 2011 Jun 08
> </Date>
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
> Pragya
> "This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are for the sole use
> of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential , proprietary or
> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
> forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any action taken in
> reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful."

Andreas Hubmer
Senior IT Consultant

EBCONT enterprise technologies GmbH
Millennium Tower