[MarkLogic Dev General] How to load data from DB2 RDBMS to Marklogic

Patrick van Benthem patrick at vanbenthem.org
Wed Feb 1 08:20:46 PST 2017

Some remarks:

Within DB2 you can run "export " using a select statement, you can also join
the tables, use a view if needed. You export to a delimited file (choose
"schema-name.table/view-name" as filename)

Recently I exported data from SQLserver database, same approach, BUT check
the character set db2, check if you have unexpected values in fields ( I had
\n in Varchars), even in key fields.

Decide how you want show NULL values in the generated XML (as NULL is not
the same as empty)

Then use mlcp to load these delimited files into marklogic. (column header
will become the element name). Let MLCP generate the "collection = filename"

I converted my SQLserver tables (100th) and 20M rows into marklogic, using
the above, and loaded these within 1 hour.

Depending on the rows, and forests, you might want to disable the 'balance
option'