[MarkLogic Dev General] Community Newsletter
Dave.Cassel at marklogic.com
Wed Feb 1 12:16:29 PST 2017
Planning to watch the SuperBowl this weekend? I've got three home-brewed beers ready for my guests. It's the one time we'll watch TV commercials.
The DMC blog has more posts about using MarkLogic with containers, both by Bill Miller:
* Creating an MLCP Docker container with pre-loaded data<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/docker-mlcp>
* Deploying a Marklogic Cluster using Kubernetes and NGINX<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/docker-deploy-kubernetes>
I'm also planning to update the DMC Tools page<http://developer.marklogic.com/code>. I'm curious: what Community projects do you rely on? Write back and let me know.
The big news is that MarkLogic 9 Early Access 4 is now available. Sign up for access at https://ea.marklogic.com/.
January was a busy month for Community projects:
* Rob Rudin released version 2.5.0 of ml-gradle<https://github.com/rjrudin/ml-gradle/releases/tag/2.5.0> (Gradle plugin for automating anything you can imagine with MarkLogic)
* Patrick McElwee released version 3.0.0 of ml-analytics-dashboard-ng<https://github.com/patrickmcelwee/ml-analytics-dashboard-ng> (AngularJS analytics dashboard for use with MarkLogic database)
* Scott Stafford released version 0.9.0 of marklogic-spring-batch<https://github.com/sastafford/marklogic-spring-batch> (A comprehensive and robust solution for writing batch processing applications in MarkLogic)
* Marianne Myers released version 2.0 of slush-marklogic-dotnet<https://github.com/mariannemyers/slush-marklogic-dotnet> (slush generator for an Angular/ASP.NET Core/MarkLogic application)
* Joe Bryan released version 1.0.2 of ml-common-ng<https://github.com/joemfb/ml-common-ng> (An angular module of common components for the MarkLogic REST API)
* AppDynamics released version 1.0 of marklogic-monitoring-extension<https://github.com/Appdynamics/marklogic-monitoring-extension> (AppDynamics Monitoring Extension for use with MarkLogic)
* Joe Bryan released version 0.2.8 of ml-search-ng<https://github.com/joemfb/ml-search-ng> (angular module for MarkLogic search applications)
* Paxton Hare released version 2.0.0-alpha.2 of the Data Hub Framework<https://github.com/marklogic/marklogic-data-hub> (A data hub framework for MarkLogic. The 2.0.0 release is based on MarkLogic 9 EA)
* Rob Rudin released version 1.0.0 of ml-migration-starter<https://github.com/rjrudin/ml-migration-starter> (Starter kit for migrating data from any relational database into MarkLogic using Spring Batch)
* Webinar, February 21: Catching Bad Guys with Technology<http://carahsoft.adobeconnect.com/marklogic>
* Berlin, March 29: ETL Prozesse reduzieren durch Data Point Modelling in einer NoSQL Datenbank<https://www.meetup.com/MarkLogic-User-Group-NoSQL-Database-Technology/events/235981792/>
* Frankfurt, March 30: ETL Prozesse reduzieren durch Data Modelling in einer NoSQL Datenbank<https://www.meetup.com/MarkLogic-User-Group-NoSQL-Database-Technology/events/235981853/>
Also, registration has opened for MarkLogic World. We'll be in Chicago, London, and Tokyo this year — hope to see you there! https://world.marklogic.com/
MarkLogic University continues their On Demand series about Security<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/index.xqy?q=Series%3ASecurity> with a video on External Authentication<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/5b6d70f4>. Ever wondered how to use LDAP with MarkLogic?
Dave Cassel<http://davidcassel.net>, @dmcassel<https://twitter.com/dmcassel>
Technical Community Manager
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the General