[MarkLogic Dev General] Is xdml:unquote appropriate for handling accent characters?

Kari Cowan KCowan at alm.com
Wed Feb 8 10:10:58 PST 2017

I guess I can make it palatable with the function I added below – then have them unfurl it on the front end.   When I pulled actual doc source – even though ‘Pokémon’ displayed in Qconsole, it was actually encoded as è

declare function do:makeXMLsafe( $Str as xs:string ) {
 let $Str:=fn:escape-html-uri($Str)
 return $Str
};

>> changes ‘Pokémon’ to ‘Pok%C3%A9mon’

Is there any better way to deal with it?