[MarkLogic Dev General] Anyoine seen this error before? : XDMP:FORESTERR

neil bradley neil at bradley.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 10:56:34 PST 2017

Hi alll,

A forest was unavailable due to the following error:

XDMP:FORESTERR: Error in startup of forest ......  XDMP:FILESIZES
Inconsistent file sizes for E:\Forests\.....\....\ Ordinals=0,
Qualitie=189, UniqueKeys=189, URIKeys=0, Timestamp=189

This was a replica forest. So I thought it would be safe enough to
remove the issue by unlinking it from the primary, then deleting it.

However, THEN I get an error in the primary forest itself. The forest is
unavailable due to the following error:

XDMP>FORESTERR:  Error in startup of forest ......SVC:FILREM File
Removal error   unlink  E:\Forests\.....\...\URLKeys"  permission
denied.

So now I have lost all my content. Anyone any idea how to recover from
this?

Neil.