[MarkLogic Dev General] hyphens and cts:element-value-query

Gary Larsen gary.larsen at envisn.com
Tue Feb 28 10:12:44 PST 2017

Geert and Andreas,

Thanks for pointing out tokens vs. values that I wasn’t understanding.

Using ‘filtered’ in cts:search works, but I’ve always tried to avoid that for performance reasons.  In this case I’ve added a predicate check in the result instead.

But to Andreas’s point, it seems that ‘exact’ or ‘punctuation-sensitive’ should be able to match, or maybe I’m not understanding the documentation for cts:element-value-query.  If it did work I guess there would be extra work un-tokenizing?

I using ML version 8.0-6

Thanks for any clarification,

Gary