[MarkLogic Dev General] hyphens and cts:element-value-query

Geert Josten Geert.Josten at marklogic.com
Tue Feb 28 11:27:32 PST 2017

In defense of Andreas, Mary does write this too:

“At the boundary, where you specify exact unstemmed value

queries or exact range queries with a codepoint collation,
the results will line up. For exact queries there are universal
index entries for the value that include punctuation and

whitespace, but we don't index those tokens otherwise."

E.g. it might work if you select codepoint collation ("collation=http://marklogic.com/collation/codepoint”) together with the “exact” option. MarkLogic defaults to using its own root collation.