[MarkLogic Dev General] Management API: update path range index

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Thu Sep 21 04:07:11 PDT 2017

Hi,

I want to update the path range indexes on a database via the Management
API.  So I send a PUT to /databases/xxx/properties with the following
content:

    { "range-path-index": [{
        "scalar-type": "date",
        "range-value-positions": false,
        "invalid-values": "reject",
        "collation": "",
        "path-expression": "xxx/xxx"
    }]}

There are actually 4 objects in the array, each with a different path.  2
of them have already be created, I want to add the other 2 (so I update the
entire property to the total 4 indexes).  This is the same strategy I use
for other range indexes.

I receive a ADMIN-DUPLICATECONFIGITEM error:

    Database resource 'xxx' already contains 'range-path-index'

Any idea?  Isn't it possible to update the path range indexes?  Should it
be done differently?

Florent Georges
H2O Consulting
http://h2o.consulting/