[MarkLogic Dev General] Dynamic Faceting in Marklogic

Geert Josten Geert.Josten at marklogic.com
Mon Jan 22 06:43:05 PST 2018

Hi Arvind,

You can define indexes before or after (or during) uploading data. MarkLogic will automatically start reindexation if necessary. Defining indexes before ingestion is more efficient though. So, if you have a chance of ingesting a sample, deciding on indexes based on that, and then bulk load all your data, that would be most efficient.

Kind regards,
Geert