[MarkLogic Dev General] Good Way to Automatical

Eliot Kimber ekimber at contrext.com
Mon Jan 22 14:09:23 PST 2018

I'm putting together a script that will do all the configuration for a server all the way through defining a FlexRep app server, domains, and targets. The requirement is avoid the need for any manual intervention once the configuration is started.

The one fly in this ointment is the CPF--since I'm creating new databases they of course won't have CPF installed, so I need to install the CPF into those that are involved in FlexRep.

As far as I can tell there is no API for doing this API (there should be), so I'm going to attempt to simply call the Admin/database-cpf-admin-go.xqy module, which seems simple enough (I only need to specify the database name as far as I can tell).

But calling an Admin module like this feels a little dirty and has some risk since it's not a published API and there's no guarantee it will not change without warning in the future (although the risk seems pretty small since it's a module that hasn't changed in ages and it's only called in one place in my code).

Is there a better way to automate installation of the CPF than doing what the "confirm CPF installation" UI form does?

This is in the context of setting up new servers on demand, e.g., in a Docker environment where this server has a very narrow use.

Thanks,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber