[MarkLogic Dev General] Good Way to Automatical

Mary Holstege Mary.Holstege at marklogic.com
Mon Jan 22 15:32:50 PST 2018

There isn't a single API that orchestrates all the pieces, but there are
APIs do do all the necessary parts in the pipelines and domains modules.
These should be executed against your triggers database. If you share a
triggers database, you don't need to do it all over again.

p:insert to put a pipeline XML into the right collections etc.
dom:configuration-create to create the overall configuration object that
defines your restart user etc.
    You need to do this before you create domains or things will go
horribly wrong.
dom:create to define your domains
dom:add-pipeline to attach pipelines if you didn't put them in the domain
in dom:create

All default pipelines are in the Installer directory.

The thing in the admin GUI makes some default assumptions about some of
this that aren't always the appropriate thing to do.

I'd suggest making a script that creates the domains you want and loads
and attaches the appropriate pipelines.

//Mary