[MarkLogic Dev General] Exit query without writing to error log?

Evan Lenz evan at lenzconsulting.com
Tue Jan 23 18:22:07 PST 2018

Hello,

My client has XQuery parameter-validation code which calls the error()
function when invalid parameters are supplied. This event gets written to
the error log. Is there a way to prevent this?

I recognize the best practice is to return a more appropriate HTTP response
code (than 500) when handling invalid input. I also recognize this is
anathema to FP. But my question still stands:

Is there a way to interrupt/exit a query without triggering an Error-level
log message?

Thanks,

Evan Lenz
President, Lenz Consulting Group, Inc.