[XQZone General] Mozilla rendering bug affects CQ output

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Fri Oct 14 14:37:27 PDT 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Howard Katz wrote:

> You'll get the following output in XML:
>
>  <rdf:RDF>
>         <rdf:whatever/>
> </rdf:RDF>

I don't know if this really counts as a Mozilla bug, since displaying
unstyled XML in Mozilla/Firefox is usually not the most satisfying way
to view XML... Anyway, I just tried out saving

<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
     <rdf:whatever/>
</rdf:RDF>

to "test.xml" on my local machine, then opening it with Mozilla: it
gives the display you document, but "View Page Source" shows the
complete underlying XML. At least Mozilla does better than Safari, which
displays *nothing* on screen if you try to view the same XML using
either CQ or by opening an XML file!

Electronic Imprint, The University of Virginia Press
PO Box 400318, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
Web: http://www.ei.virginia.edu/