[MarkLogic Dev General] BLOB (not the amorphous creature)

Shannon Shiflett sss4r at virginia.edu
Thu Aug 23 13:27:07 PDT 2007

Hello,

According to section 11.1.2 in Developer's Guide, binary documents
are not indexed -- and there are memory property considerations --
but generally is there a performance hit anywhere?  For extra
protection, I'd like to ingest copyrighted images and serve them up
using MarkLogic Server -- if my forest were, say, 4GB in size, and I
load 2GB of binaries, am I going to notice an impact in any operation
(merging, e.g.)? Without affecting indexes I'd guess not but want to
make sure!

Thanks,
Shannon