[MarkLogic Dev General] Query on directories

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Tue Aug 31 10:22:35 PDT 2010

Lee, David wrote:

  Hi,

> To me this implies that URI's need not have "directories"
> associated with them.  Is this wrong ?

  Not to me at least.  A URI is an identifier.  You can map it
easily to a directory structure (for the correct definition of
"directory").  But not necessarily.  What about URNs?  What about
HTTP URI?

  The only drawback I ran into is that we don't have an implicit
root for WebDAV servers, so it is not possible to browse the ML
content through WebDAV if you have documents with URIs like:

    /some/thing
    /dir/file
    hello/world

Florent Georges