[MarkLogic Dev General] search:suggest

Charles Greer cgreer at marklogic.com
Wed May 8 10:46:39 PDT 2013

Hi there,

That's a cool idea.  The suggest call currently just returns a list of
strings.  I can't think of what URI you might want, unless it's one you
were constructing yourself for a secondary search.  I'd suggest using a
Javascript function to wrap up each result from search:suggest in a link
element.

Is that what you had in mind?

Charles

On 05/08/2013 09:55 AM, Singh, Gurbeer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was playing with search:suggest, can we add multiple elements, also can we get uri also in result.
>

> Basically my requirement is, if user click on autosuggest result, it should take user to preview page that's why I want uri.
>

> let $options :=
> <search:options xmlns="http://marklogic.com/appservices/search">
> <default-suggestion-source >
>      <range  type="xs:string">
>          <element ns="http://morganstanley.com/firmwidePolicy"
> name="title"/>
>      </range>
> </default-suggestion-source>
> </search:options>
>
> return
> search:suggest("policy",$options ,1000)

> NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley you consent to the foregoing.

Charles Greer
Senior Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
charles.greer at marklogic.com