[MarkLogic Dev General] Attaching more than one forest to a DB in ML

sini narayanan sini.isonline at gmail.com
Wed May 15 01:44:41 PDT 2013

Hi Jason,

The forest F2 was created only after the initial load. Just to make sure, I
tried the same steps once more and experienced the same issue.
Steps I followed:
1. Created DB
2. Created Forest F1
3. Attached F1 to the DB
4. Created XDBC for the DB
5. Using MLCP, loaded documents into the XDBC port.
6. After complete loading, I created a new Forest F2
7. Attached F2 to the DB.
8. Using xdmp:document-insert, specified the F2 ID and inserted docs.
9. From admin console, dettached F2 from the DB
10. Performed an admin:forest-delete on F2

And now I have only half of the documents in the DB. I dont understand why
this is happening.

And also,
1. If I have two forests attached to a DB, and if I insert a document
without specifying the Forest ID, to which forest will the document get
inserted into?
2. In case of the above mentioned point, how can I identify into which
Forest the document is inserted into?

Thanks,
Sini