[MarkLogic Dev General] Attaching more than one forest to a DB in ML

sini narayanan sini.isonline at gmail.com
Wed May 15 01:55:16 PDT 2013


Yes, I check the count of documents before adding docs to F2.
And I'm trying this in early access installation of ML 7.

Thanks,
Sini


On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Geert Josten <geert.josten at dayon.nl> wrote:

> I presume you checked the document count before you added F2, right? And
> can you confirm that you are using MarkLogic version 6 or lower?
>
>
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Geert
>
>
>
> *Van:* general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com [mailto:
> general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com] *Namens *sini narayanan
> *Verzonden:* woensdag 15 mei 2013 10:45
>
> *Aan:* MarkLogic Developer Discussion
> *Onderwerp:* Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Attaching more than one forest
> to a DB in ML
>
>
>
> Hi Jason,
>
>
>
> The forest F2 was created only after the initial load. Just to make sure,
> I tried the same steps once more and experienced the same issue.
>
> Steps I followed:
>
> 1. Created DB
>
> 2. Created Forest F1
>
> 3. Attached F1 to the DB
>
> 4. Created XDBC for the DB
>
> 5. Using MLCP, loaded documents into the XDBC port.
>
> 6. After complete loading, I created a new Forest F2
>
> 7. Attached F2 to the DB.
>
> 8. Using xdmp:document-insert, specified the F2 ID and inserted docs.
>
> 9. From admin console, dettached F2 from the DB
>
> 10. Performed an admin:forest-delete on F2
>
>
>
> And now I have only half of the documents in the DB. I dont understand why
> this is happening.
>
>
>
> And also,
>
> 1. If I have two forests attached to a DB, and if I insert a document
> without specifying the Forest ID, to which forest will the document get
> inserted into?
>
> 2. In case of the above mentioned point, how can I identify into which
> Forest the document is inserted into?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sini
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Jason Hunter <jhunter at marklogic.com>
> wrote:
>
> You're on MarkLogic 6?
>
> If you really did what you say you did then you wouldn't see that
> behavior.  Which makes me think you didn't do exactly that.  :)
>
> My guess is you attached F2 to the database before doing the initial load.
>  That means you had a 50/50% split across the two forests after the first
> load, and removing F2 later resulted in you seeing just half your data.
>  But that's just a guess that would explain the result and could be an easy
> mistake in testing to make.
>
> -jh-
>
>
> On May 14, 2013, at 11:24 PM, sini narayanan <sini.isonline at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a DB created in ML. And have a Forest(F1) attached to the DB.
> > All the documents published from the source S1 is now in the DB.
> >
> > A new source S2 will also be publishing documents into the same DB.
> > But I donot want these documents in the same forest.
> >
> > I want a new forest (F2) to be created for the same DB and then publish
> documents into this forest,
> > so that in case I need to purge only the S2 documents, I can just delete
> the forest.
> >
> > I have tried the above scenario. The DB already had 26002 documents. I
> created new Forest F2.
> > And then using xdmp:document-insert, I loaded a document into the DB
> specifying the new F2 ID.
> > The document got inserted and now the DB have 26003 documents.
> > After this I detached the forest F2 from the DB and performed an
> admin:forest-delete on F2.
> > After that when I explore, I have only 12953 docs. Why is that so? Am I
> doing something wrong here?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sini
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > General mailing list
> > General at developer.marklogic.com
> > http://developer.marklogic.com/mailman/listinfo/general
>
> _______________________________________________
> General mailing list
> General at developer.marklogic.com
> http://developer.marklogic.com/mailman/listinfo/general
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> General mailing list
> General at developer.marklogic.com
> http://developer.marklogic.com/mailman/listinfo/general
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://developer.marklogic.com/pipermail/general/attachments/20130515/73390cb1/attachment.html 


More information about the General mailing list