[MarkLogic Dev General] Updating ML license(s) progamatically

Michael Blakeley mike at blakeley.com
Mon May 20 10:06:57 PDT 2013

You can read the license with xdmp:host-status. But I don't think there is an API to update it.

Of course you could do something unsupported: simulating a post to Admin/license.xqy for example, or writing directly to the underlying filesystem. For license keys either approach should be fairly easy. Be sure to restart as needed.

A similar gap in the admin API is cluster setup. I've done this by simulating browser requests, but it isn't pretty. Writing the config files directly to the host filesystems is a bit cleaner, but somewhat tricky to get right.

-- Mike