[MarkLogic Dev General] Updating ML license(s) progamatically

Michael Blakeley mike at blakeley.com
Mon May 20 14:08:20 PDT 2013

I wouldn't use XQuery - at least not from the MarkLogic instance to be configured, because you may not have a working server until this process is complete. Your choice of tool for the http requests will depend on the rest of your infrastructure. For example if you are already using shell scripts elsewhere, you might choose curl. Or you might be using ruby or python. Or... well, I couldn't even begin to list all the tools and libraries that support HTTP POST.

I think your first step should be to understand how Admin/license.xqy processes the html form post. You might trace the requests while using a browser, and reading through the code might help too.

-- Mike